Its been quite a while that I haven’t shared any jailbreak tutorial. Here is the complete step by step guide to root Samsung Galaxy S3 or say, jailbreak Galaxy S3. In this tutorial, we would be first installing CWM on your device, and then root it.
Lets get into the guide now.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy S3
- We would be requiring three things here. Get them downloaded here, Odin 3.04, Samsung Kies Driver, and CWM (tar file)
- Switch your Galasy S3 into USB debugging mode by navigating as Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging. Then switch it off, remove the battery and put it back
- Now you need to put it into download mode by holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously
- Since are through with the above steps, run Odin application which was downloaded and installed in the first step
- Now connect your Galaxy S3 to your computer using the USB cable. If things have been done perfectly above, Odin window will detect the device. If it doesnot, then you must have gone wrong somewhere above
- In the middle of the ODIN screen, you will find a button labelled as PDA. Click on it, browse to CWM tar file and then on Start button
- This will start the process of flashing Galaxy S3 with CWM. During this process, the phone would reboot before completing the flashing
- All this was flashing CWM on Galaxy S3. Below are the actual steps to root the smartphone. Before we start with it, download CWM Super User and copy the same into your Android device, in its memory card
- Switch your device ON in Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power buttons. Do it until you see it being started in CWM Recovery Mode
- While your device is in Recovery Mode, use the Volume Down button to scroll down to Install Zip From Sd Card option and hit Power button to select it
- Now choose Choose zip from SDCard option and choose the CMW_SuperUser_v3.07.zip file
- Now go with the option, Yes- Install CMW_SuperUser_v3.07.zip and this would take few minutes while this will root Galaxy S3
That is it! You can use Root Checker to find whether the jailbreak has been successful. Let us know if you come across any issue while following these steps to jailbreak Galaxy S3.