Gingerbreak is a free app which lets you root Motorola Droid X2. If you have not heard of this application, then you would be surprised to know that this is like THE BEST app to root Android devices. And here is the tutorial to use the same app to hack Driod X2.
So what exactly would we be doing using this app. Well, once the installation is done, you need to setup ADB, and run few shell commands so that you can root it.
Steps To Root Motorola Driod X2 Using Gingerbreak
- First thing you need to do is download Gingerbread APK file on your computer
- Now you need to copy this file on the memory card placed in Droid X2
- Once this whole downloading this is done, simply disconnect your phone from the computer
- Now navigate to Settings > Applications and then enable the option labeled as Unknown Sources
- The above step would actually allow the installation of other non market apps, meeting your reason of rooting Motorola Droid X2
- Now you need to have Gingerbreak app installed on your device, for that you might need an app like Easy Launcher
- Now its time to enable USB debugging. To do that, navigate it as Settings > Applications > Development
- Its rooting time now. Launch the Gingerbreak app and then tap on the Root button
That is it. This is how you would be completing your task to root Motorola Droid X2 using Gingerbreak.