You might not find any significant difference between BlackBerry 7.1 OS and 7 or may be few of its previous OS versions, but you would definitely find some interesting features on BlackBerry 7.1
One of such features is that it would let you share its Internet connection with any other mobile device or tablet PC. Yes, you do not need any third party tool to share your BlackBerry’s Internet. Although, BlackBerry OS 7.1 is official, but you would find this shocking that your BB would say that there are no updates even though its not running on the latest OS.
Below is the step by step guide to upgrade BlackBerry to 7.1 OS. I have tried it on BlackBerry 9360, and it worked like charm.
Guide To Upgrade BlackBerry To 7.1 OS – How To
- Before we start with the tutorial, you need to download two things here. One is BlackBerry Desktop Manager and then download the respective OS from here.
- Run both the above downloaded .exe files and follow the instructions to install it on your machine
- Now its time to delete the files named vendor.xml. You can find them at the below two locations:
For Windows XP –
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader
For Windows 7 / Vista –
C:\Program Files x86\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader
- Once both the XML files are deleted, we are good to run the installed BlackBerry Desktop Manager and connect the BlackBerry device to the computer
- Once your phone is connected, you can search for the updates and you would be surprised to find that your device will look for an OS 7.1 update
That is it! This is how you can easily upgrade BlackBerry to 7.1 OS